Our familiarisation days are offered free of charge to all teachers who are leading, or thinking of leading, a school visit to Hillsborough Castle and Gardens.
They are specifically designed to assist teachers in their planning and enhance their knowledge and skills ensuring that they lead their visit with confidence.
• A guided tour of the house by one of our schools team to help teachers become familiar with Hillsborough Castle and its key stories and characters.
• Familiarisation with locations for practical planning such as toilets, gift shops and session meeting points.
• Guidance on resources and suggestions for pre and post-visit activities for the classroom.
• Practical advice on leading the visit and a chance to ask questions.
• A brief taster session demonstrating the teaching techniques that we use to engage and inspire students and help them to make the most of their visit.
• A chance to meet colleagues from other schools across the sector and enjoy some informal networking.
All familiarisation sessions run on Thursday afternoons for 1.5 hours from 16:30–18:00
16 September 2021
18 November 2021
10 February 2022
31 March 2022
5 May 2022
Email us to book your free place.Email us